Built in 1840 by Barrington King for his bookkeeper, Mr. Proudfoot and his wife. The original home was small and quite damaged during the Civil War. Proudfoot began to rebuild after the occupation. He also lived in the home until he died in 1870.
The columns were added much later by Colonel Harrison Broadwell in the 1930’s. He also named the home Naylor Hall in honor of his wife’s family.